Friday 1 February 2013

Beyonce admits to have lip-synced @ Obama's inauguration

Finally, singer Beyonce has admitted miming during her rendition of the American national anthem at the inauguration of President Obama last month. (U 4 lie na-she know say we go catch her) She told reporters that she was a "perfectionist" and - due to lack of rehearsal time - "did not feel comfortable taking a risk". "I wanted to make him [Obama] and my country proud, so I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track."


"i am proud of my performance," she said. The star opened the press conference in New Orleans by asking reporters to stand before performing a live rendition of the national anthem. "I am a perfectionist and one thing about me is that I practise until my feet bleed and I did not have time to rehearse with the orchestra," She said her decision to mime the track was triggered by the weather, delays and "no proper soundcheck", adding that pre-recording is "very common in the music industry". "It was a live television show and a very, very important emotional show for me and one of my proudest moments," she said. However, she insisted she would be singing live for her half-time Superbowl performance on Sunday - one of the most-watched TV events in the United States. "I will absolutely be singing live. This is what I was born to do, it is what I was born for."

 Last year's Super Bowl half-time show, performed by Madonna, was watched by an average of 114 million viewers, while Janet Jackson's notorious 'wardrobe malfunction' - in 2004 - generated a record number of complaints for broadcaster---Drake even made a line frm a song out of it---"...top slipped off like Janet @ d Super Bowl..." Do u remember? Ye!

No comments:

Post a Comment